Synergy Audio is proud to introduce our first “Made in USA” 6.5” pro audio style mid driver. This driver is manufactured utilizing domestically sourced ferrite and steel for the motor and basket then machined and pressed for production. The cone, surround, spider, and tinsel leads are all manufactured in the heartland of the Midwestern USA.
The USA made 1.5” copper voice is wound on a high temp, lightweight Kapton voice coil former. We utilized a 5” diameter poly cotton cup spider. The water resistant paper cone is attached to a durable treated multi roll cloth surround.
We’ve added a solid machined aluminum phase plug to aid in high frequency response.
With a nominal impedance of 8 ohms this driver offers installation flexibility when installing multiple drivers. You can wire up as many drivers as needed to match the output of your amplifier’s recommended load capability. Overall this driver is solid performer with only 2.25” mounting depth, 200 watts, 97db sensitivity and with a useable frequency response of 98 Hz-6000 Hz. This driver is at home as either a dedicated midrange or mid bass.
- Diameter size in inches: 6.5"
- Diameter size in centimeters: 16.5
- Z - Nominal Impedance in Ohms: 6.5
- Fs = Free air resonance frequency in Hz: 98.25
- Qts = Total Q Factor of driver: 0.477
- Vas = Equivalent acoustic volume in cubic feet: 0.692
- Vas = Equivalent acoustic volume in liters: 19.59
- Xmax= Max Travel in Inches: 0.02
- Xmax= Max travel in MM: 0.59
- Pe = Max power in watts: 200
- SPL=The half-space ref. Efficiency: 97.42
- Voice Coil Diameter in inches: 1.5"
- Mounting Depth in inches: 2.25
- Sd = Piston Area in sq. m: 165.10
- BL = T*M Flux Density, Length Product: 8.84
- no = The half-space ref. efficiency: 3.40%
- Cms = Mechanical suspension compliance: 0.30
- Mms = Mech. mass of cone & free air load: 8.62
- Qms = Mechanical Q factor of driver: 5.628
- Qes = Electrical Q factor of driver: 0.521
- Revc = DC Voice coil resistance in Ohms: 7.6
- Zmax = imped. At top of resonance curve in Ohms: 90.21
- Frequency response: 98hz - 6khz
- Magnet Assembly Weight (oz): 58